But when you have an abundance of beautiful, perfect plum tomatoes, you starting looking through all your recipes, in search of new ways to incorporate those delicious jewels of summer into meals. And that's when I rediscovered this recipe, courtesy of Lipton Soup Mix. There aren't many ingredients, but that's what makes it wonderful. It's easy, quick, and yet, so scrumptious the second time around you may find yourself making a double batch.
Cheesy Garlic Chicken
Recipe from Lipton Soup Mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 envelope Savory Herb with Garlic soup mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9x13-inch baking dish, arrange chicken; top with tomato.
- Blend soup mix with water and oil. Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Top with cheeses and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink.
Notes from the Chef:
- I swap out the breasts for boneless skinless thighs. I increase the cooking time from 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rice is a great side dish. Pour the extra sauce from the pan over the rice. Yum!