Of course there are the obvious uses for this jam, like on toast or crackers. But it would also be excellent on brie baked in crescent roll.
Easy Prune Plum Jam
Recipe from the August 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Living
Makes 3 cups
- 2 lbs. prune plums, halved and pitted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Bring plums, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and salt to a boil in a pot, mashing plums with a potato masher.
- Cook, stirring often, until mixture has the consistency of thick honey.
- Remove skins using a fork.
- Let cool. Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 1 month).
Note: I halved this recipe.