Lasagna Rolls with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Recipe from Cooking Light
Total time: 45 minutes
Serves 4 (serving size: 2 rolls)
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) packed pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- To prepare lasagna, cook noodles according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, spinach, and 3 garlic cloves; sauté 5 minutes or until onion and mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses, 2 tablespoons basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- To prepare sauce, place vinegar and the remaining sauce ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Place cooked noodles on a flat surface; spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each noodle. Roll up noodles, jelly-roll fashion, starting with short side. Place the rolls, seam sides down, in a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Pour 1/4 cup sauce over each roll, and cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
Note: I don't like mushrooms so I just omit them.