And now, you don't have to.
It's not pie, but it's a great way to combine the flavors of my favorite pies into one fabulous dish. This is just outstanding, delicious, and a must-have. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Dutch Apple-Pumpkin Crisp
Recipe from Betty Crocker
Prep Time: 20 min.
Start to Finish: 1 hour 15 min.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples (2-3 small)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread apples over bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate. Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss topping ingredients (flour, brown sugar, butter or margarine, and pumpkin pie spice) until crumbly. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients except whipped cream with wire whisk until smooth. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.