So I break out the crock pot and cook it low and slow.
It's wonderful. I dump all the ingredients into my crock pot and come 5 o'clock, presto! Dinner is served! Perfect for those busy weekends of shopping, decorating, and visiting Santa.
Sausage & Potatoes
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 lb. Italian sausage
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1-inch half moons
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Add tomatoes and juice to crock pot. Stir in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Tuck in sausages. Add potatoes, zucchini, and onion. Cover. Cook on HIGH heat for 4 hours or LOW heat for 8 hours.
- Uncover pot and remove sausages. Slice into 1-inch thick coins, and return to crock pot, stirring gently along with bread crumbs.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkling each serving with Parmesan cheese.