My solution? Break out the slow cooker!
For last year's game I made this dip, which was a huge hit. It was full of flavor and quite versatile. I served it with veggies, crackers, and breadsticks. Any leftovers? Serve over a short-cut pasta for some zippy macaroni and cheese!
Zippy Sausage Cheese Dip
Recipe from Taste of Home
- 1 lb. pork sausage, squeezed out of casing and crumbled
- 2 lbs. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 10.75-oz. cans Rotel tomatoes with chilies, undrained
- Brown sausage in large nonstick skillet. Drain.
- Return browned sausage to skilled and stir in cubed Velveeta cheese.
- Cook over low heat until cheese melts. Stir occasionally.
- Place pork and melted cheese in slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW 1-2 hours until heated through.
- Serve warm with raw, cut-up veggies or chips.
Variation: For a creamier dish, add 2 10.75-oz. cans cream of mushroom soup to Step 4, stirring soup in with the tomatoes.