Give this recipe a try! It has all the wonderful flavors of buffalo wings without the sticky fingers.
This recipe was a winner of a game-day snack competition on The Rachael Ray Show in 2009. I was looking for ideas for that year's party, and I knew I had found a winner in this dish. I make it every year, and every year it's a crowd-pleaser with the dish all but licked clean.
Scoop corn chips were recommend to serve with this dish, but they can break easily. I like to spoon some on crackers, and celery sticks work well for that true buffalo wing feel. Whatever your pleasure, I highly recommend this dish for your own game-day gathering. You won't be disappointed.
David Garrard's Buffalo Chicken Dip
Recipe from an episode of The Rachael Ray Show
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of an 8x8-inch dish or pie plate with cream cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, wing sauce and butter, and pour over the cream cheese-filled dish or pie plate.
- Top with just enough blue cheese dressing and mozzarella cheese to cover. (Adding too much cheese will cause a thick skin to form that will make eating the dip difficult once the cheese cools.)
- Heat the dip in the oven for 20 minutes.