Enter this soup recipe.
It's quick and simple, but not fast food, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
Santa Fe Ravioli Soup
Recipe from Cooking Light
Makes 8 1-cup servings
- 2 14-ounce cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 9-ounce package fresh four-cheese ravioli
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Add ravioli; reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Add salsa, beans, chicken, and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with sour cream and cilantro.
Notes from the Cook:
- Many times when I make this, I omit the chicken. If you won't want to use pre-packaged chicken, poach some chicken yourself. Then save the broth to use in this or other soups.
- For a vegetarian soup, replace the chicken with tofu or simply omit the chicken altogether.
- It's easy to change this recipe up by switching up the kind of salsa you use. Experiment with different heat levels, too. I like to use a southwest salsa because it has beans and corn in it.