Monday, March 10, 2014

Kid Cooks Saturdays: Week #4

We've hit a snag with Kid Cooks Saturdays: The remaining recipes in my son's cookbook don't entice him. What's a mom to do?

So I started looking over my own cookbook collection, to see if there were any books with recipes simple enough for my son to make. I hit pay dirt when I came across The Four Ingredient Cookbook.

With only four ingredients per recipe, all are simple enough for young hands. It was just a matter of finding the right one.

Breaded pork chops was just the ticket. He was able to do the prep, and the oven took care of the rest. Served with wild rice and roasted green beans, and we had a satisfying meal.

All in all, this is a meal I would recommend making with young chefs, and for older ones, too.

Onion-Baked Pork Chops

Ingredients:

  • 1 envelope onion soup mix
  • 1/3 cup bread crumbs
  • 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
  • 1 egg, well beaten

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine soup mix and bread crumbs. Dip chops in egg, then bread crumb mixture, until evenly coated.
  2. In a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking or roasting pan, arrange chops.
  3. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until done, turning once.

No comments:

Post a Comment