Monday, March 24, 2014

Kid Cooks Saturdays: Week #6

I'm really not sure this qualifies as a Kid Cooks Saturday. There was no actual cooking involved, and I made this for myself the day before. But I enjoyed it so much and knew my son would as well, so I helped my son make it for breakfast for himself the day before.

It was a huge it! It was easy to make -- my son loved that he could make it all by himself. It's versatile -- any of the ingredients can easily be swapped out for something else. And it's fun! It brought out the kid in me -- so much so that I drank a glass of chocolate milk with it.

So here is my recipe for a fruit wrap. We we definitely be adding this to our breakfast rotation. Left to his own devices, my son would switch between pancakes and waffles every morning for breakfast. He does eat cereal and I love that he eats yogurt, since it's a great way to incorporate more fruit into the most important meal of the day. This fruit wrap follows in yogurt's foot steps.

And for those that frequently need to eat breakfast on the go, this wrap is portable without being messy. Score!

Fruit Wrap
A Country Cooking Original Recipe

Ingredients:

  • tortilla or your favorite wrap
  • peanut butter, or your favorite butter (I like sunflower seed butter)
  • slided bananas
  • sliced strawberries
  • blueberries

Directions:

  1. Spread peanut butter over tortilla in a thin layer, leaving a 1-inch border.
  2. Arrange sliced bananas and strawberries over the peanut butter.
  3. Sprinkle blueberries over the bananas and strawberries.
  4. Roll up tortilla burrito-style and slice in half on the bias. Enjoy! Chocolate milk is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment