But a few years ago this recipe was shared with me on a message board. I don't recall where it originated: either Better Homes & Garden or a Betty Crocker cookbook. Either way, I can happily say I now eat cooked carrots. And the use of fresh dill, well, it just tastes like summer. (And making this recipe in colder weather is a nice treat when you're longing for the warmer days of the summer months.)
Carrots with Dill Butter
Makes 4 servings>
- 1 16-oz. package baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, or 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan cook carrots, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for about 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Stir in butter, dill, lemon juce, salt and pepper into carrots. Toss to lightly coat.