I found this recipe in Southern Cooking & Lifestyles magazine back when my husband and I were living in our apartment in Clifton, NJ. Once again I was asked to bring dessert to a family gathering. This time it was a 4th of July picnic. It was very hot in our apartment in the summer, and the last thing I wanted to do was turn on the oven. So I pulled out this recipe, deciding it was the perfect time to give it a try.
It got rave reviews! It was light, refreshing, and the perfect combination of sweet and tart. And best of all, I didn't have to turn on the oven.
Peaches 'n Cream Pie
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs, crushed
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- Or substitute prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 pint carton frozen peaches (approximately 2 cups, partially thawed)
- 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine crumbs and margarine with a fork then press into 9-inch pie pan and chill.
- Blend condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth.
- Puree frozen peaches into a blender for a few seconds until smooth.
- Pour peaches into milk mixture and blend well.
- Fold in dessert topping with spoon and pour into chilled pie crust.
- Chill until filling sets.