Now, seeing as how I've never had chicken and dumplings before I can't say whether or not this recipe was "just like Grandma's." But I can say it was absolutely delicious, and I can't wait to make it again.
Like Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings
Recipe from Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 soup cans water
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can buttermilk biscuits
- Mix all ingredients, except biscuits, in crock pot.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and gently stir into mixture. Cover; cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
Notes from the Chef:
1. If you don't have leftover cooked chicken on hand, poach some. Dark meat works best for this dish.
2. I used one envelope of low-sodium chicken bouillon granules. It's a little less than 2 teaspoons, but the dish still works.