My family was doing some shopping at The Crossing Premium Outlets in Tannersville and I made a quick stop at the Pepperidge Farm storm. There, next to the cinnamon raisin bread, I saw loaves of pumpkin spice bread. And I immediately knew what I would make for our next big Sunday breakfast.
This time of year, I love to use pumpkin, and I had already been contemplating how I would make pumpkin french toast. When I saw this bread in the store I knew I had to give it a try using this bread. And it did not disappoint. Have some for breakfast with a cup of pumpkin mochaccino.
Pumpkin French Toast
A Country Cooking Original
- 6 slices Pepperidge Farm Spiced Pumpkin bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Beat eggs. Add pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, extract and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip bread into batter.
- Cook on buttered griddle.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Variations: If you can't find pumpkin spice bread you could use regular cinnamon bread instead. I've also seen cranberry bread in my supermarket, and that would be a delicious option, as well.