In the same issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray with the recipe for the apple cider floats there is a recipe for pumpkin pie cocoa. So when a friend from high school asked for a real recipe for a pumpkin mochaccino I thought, "I can make this work." So I did.
So here's an easy way to be a barista in your own kitchen. And it's a great accompaniment to pumpkin pancakes!
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
Makes 1 12 oz. serving
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) coffee
- In a saucepan, whisk milk, cocoa mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice; heat until steaming. Pour into 12 oz. mug.
- Pour coffee into mug.
- Sweeten to your preference. (I like to use Coffee-Mate's Pumpkin Spice creamer.)
- Top with whipped cream. Dust with either cocoa mix or pumpkin pie spice, or top with a drizzle of caramel sauce.