When I saw similar molds in the One Step Ahead catalog I knew I had to get them for my son so he could experience the same summer fun of my youth. Only, what kind of pops to make? Thankfully over the years I had saved several recipes clipped from various magazines. I decided to start with the recipe below.
Mandarin Orange Cream Pops
Recipe from Real Simple magazine
Makes 8 4-oz. pops
- 11-oz. can mandarin oranges
- 2 cups softened vanilla ice cream or 1 cup ice cream and 1 cup orange sherbert
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Place oranges in blender and pulse to a puree.
- Add ice cream, sherbert (if using), and zest, and pulse until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into molds or paper cups. Cover and freeze until firm.