So how do you put a new twist on Sunday morning favorites, then?
So far I've made pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin fresh toast. And now the circle is complete with pumpkin waffles.
So raise a mug and enjoy!
Spiced Pumpkin Waffles
Recipe #67930 from food.com
Makes 6-8 Belgium waffles
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- In a second, large bowl, add eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk and butter; beat well.
- Gently fold in flour mixture.
- Cook according to waffle iron instructions.